The Negroni is a firm favourite or ours however for many the bitterness can be off putting and this is what makes it like marmite.
Different styles of Negroni are now appearing on many bar menus as mixologists create new versions and styles for their bars and customers. We decided to create our own Negroni that would match our citrus notes found within Explorer’s.
The new ingredient is Briottet Liqueur de Pamplemousse Rose which is made in France. This ruby grapefruit liqueur replaces Campari and provides a new layer to the drink. It can be found through most online drink’s websites including Amazon.
The dry vermouth adds a little sweetness to the drink.
Ease of Making: Easy.
Glass Type: Old Fashioned
Taste: Sharp, citrus, and refreshing on a hot day.
Recipe for Rhubarb 75:
- 50 ml Briottet Liqueur de Pamplemousse Rose.
- 50 ml White Belshazar Dry Vermouth.
- 50 ml Explorer’s Gin.
- Add all ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Give a hard shake.
- Add ice to your glass and strain the negroni into the glass.
- Garnish with pink grapefruit.