- As an online retailer selling alcohol it is important to us that people purchasing our products not only enjoy them but also ensure that they drink responsibly.
- We want drinking our products to be a pleasurable and sociable experience where you stay healthy and in control.
- Many drink alcohol to unwind and relax but we are aware that there will be times when drinking or drinking too much can be dangerous for you or others around you or there will be some people who need help to moderate their drinking.
HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH?
- UK Chief Medical Officers’ Low Risk Drinking Guidelines recommend that no more than 14 units a week should be consumed by both men and women on a regular basis.
- These 14 units should also be spread across the week rather than drinking them all in one continuous session.
- No alcohol should be consumed when driving or if you're planning to drive the following day, when pregnant or in certain work situations.
- No one under the age of 18 should drink and those over the age of 18 should set a good example of moderation for children to observe.
- Ensure you eat before or with your drink, stick to one type of drink, alternate alcoholic drinks with soft drinks and know your limits.
ADVICE & SUPPORT
How to find out more about drinking responsibly
- The NHS website provides an excellent resource about alcohol.
- Covering topics such as understanding Alcohol units and the Calories in alcohol as well as the The risks of drinking too much, Binge drinking and The hidden risks of 'social drinking’
Getting advice and support
If you feel you need help with your drinking or are looking to find support for someone else, help is available and should be sought. NHS.uk suggest you may need help if any of the following apply to you:
- you often feel the need to have a drink
- you get into trouble because of your drinking
- other people warn you about how much you're drinking
- you think your drinking is causing you problems
If you have become physically dependent and need to stop drinking completely, stopping overnight could be harmful. Please ensure you seek help and advice from your GP.
Other sources of support:
- Drinkline Call 0300 123 1110 (weekdays 9am to 8pm, weekends 11am to 4pm)
Find alcohol support services in your area
- England: https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/Alcohol-addiction/LocationSearch/1805
- Scotland: https://www.alcohol-focus-scotland.org.uk/alcohol-information/find-an-alcohol-service
- Wales: http://www.wales.nhs.uk/healthtopics/lifestyles/alcohol
- Northern Ireland: https://www.drugsandalcoholni.info/services-near-you
Downton Distillery cannot be held responsible for the content of any third party site linked to from this page.