Soaking up the sun means socializing, and socializing means needing some serious refreshments. What drink is more suitable for being a social butterfly than a Spritz?
Spritz drinks tend to be sweet, refreshing and often made with less alcohol than other cocktails, they are light, crisp and very refreshing. Perfect for those hosting a summer gathering, the designated driver (only have 1) or enjoying at a garden party.
Ease of Making: Easy, amend quantities as needed.
Glass Type: Rocks Glass or High Ball
Taste: Light, sweet & refreshing with a summer profile.
- 40ml Elderflower cordial
- 25ml Explorer’s Gin
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- 6 sprigs of mint
- ¼ cucumber chopped up into cubes
- Soda water
- Place mint and cucumber cubes into a cocktail shaker and muddle them (break them up).
- Add a tiny pinch of salt and allow the flavours to blend for a minute.
- Add ice with the gin, lemon juice and elderflower cordial and shake until the cold.
- Fill your glass with ice
- Strain cocktail into your glass.
- Top up with soda water
- Garnish with mint, cucumber and lemon
- Replace soda with sparkling wine
- Replace soda with tonic water
- Add cucumber strips as a garnish
- Replace gin with vodka
- Replace lemon with lime if you like mojito style drinks.
- Replace mint for basil