This martini sounds a bit unusual but is similar to the classic dirty Martini. As samphire is just coming into season in the UK, we couldn’t help but experiment with it, and replace the usual olive brine with this fresh tasting vegetable.
A handful samphire (50g) was crushed, placed into a kiln jar with 250ml of Explorer’s gin and infused for 24hrs before being strained twice through a filter (we used coffee filter paper). The gin will then have a slightly green tinge to it. Our choice of vermouth was the Cocchi Americano which has citrus and spiced notes which complement the savoury flavour.
Ease of Making: Easy
Glass Type: Nick Nora
Taste: Clean and dry with a hint of the sea
- 50ml Explorer's Gin
- 15ml Cocchi Americano
- Add Samphire or Lemon Peel to garnish
- Chill your Nick Nora glass in the freezer or by swirling ice within the glass.
- Add the Gin, Vermouth into a mixing glass.
- Add ice into the mixing glass.
- Stir slowly for 20 seconds and stir until the mixing glass begins to sweat.
- Using a cocktail strainer, pour your Martini into your chilled glass.
- To garnish lemon peel or a sprig of samphire