The mighty cucumber is often associated with refreshing summer drinks or as a garnish to a cocktail or in a Pimm’s. It is also one of the core ingredients in Hendrick’s Gin.
This cocktail showcases its freshness and is very easy to make in a number of ways, depending on how strong you would like the cucumber flavour to be. It is great on a hot day or with friends at a BBQ.
Ease of Making: Easy
Glass Type: Tumbler
Taste: Crisp, clean, fresh
- 50 ml Explorer’s Gin
- 30 ml Lemon Juice
- 15ml Lemon Sugar Syrup
- 5cm of cucumber
- Soda Water
- Muddle cucumber in the cocktail shaker or blitz it in a blender then add to the shaker.
- Add the gin, simple sugar syrup, lemon juice and ice to the shaker.
- Shake the cocktail shaker until its starts beading sweat.
- Strain into a tumbler which has ice in it.
- Top up with soda water.
- Garnish with either lemon peel, cucumber or mint.
Variations to Try:
- Cucumber Gimlet: This uses lime instead of lemon, no soda water.
- Cucumber Royale: Add Champagne instead of soda water.
- Use a simple mint syrup add freshness and that menthol kick.
- Use a coupe glass without the soda water to make it stronger.