With the unfolding of events this year the Gin Evenings that we ran have now successfully moved to our virtual evening format. The evenings are designed to inform, entertain, and will require your active participation. No group is too large, we cater for private groups, corporates, and special events. The event will be run by Hugh Anderson the founder of Downton Distillery.
Hosting: Is to be organised by the client.
Duration: 1.5 Hrs (flexible)
What we can offer:
- Gin Tastings – show casing different styles of gin.
- History of Gin – the evolution of gin through time show casing the styles.
- Cocktail Making – creating 3-4 cocktails of your choice using Explorer’s Gin.
- Making of Gin – using the traditional Alembic still, which all distillers learn their craft on.
Please note the first two will use other gins that are not made by Downton Distillery.
Hugh will speak with the organiser to create an experience that engages everyone, including those who may be non-spirit drinkers. It is suggested that there is a blend of the above, but with the cocktail making evening extra time will be required.
What do you get?
- 1 x 200ml bottle of Explorer’s Gin (this is not branded like the 700ml).
- 1 x Bamboo Straw for the cocktails.
- 1 x Botanical vial with garnishes for G&T.
- 1 x Cocktail card (your choice).
- 2 x Double Dutch premium tonic water.
- Instruction set informing attendees what they need to bring and prepare in advance.
Due to nut allergies and other intolerances we no longer provide savoury snacks.
We require 10 - 15 days lead time to prepare the event packs and get them shipped to you. Depending on the cocktails selected we advise that attendees bring their own fresh garnishes (citrus).
What is the minimum? Group of 4