I love experimenting with citrus fruit and gimlet and sour cocktails are amongst my favourites. Recently we had a jar of lemon curd left in the fridge that needed to be used, so naturally I started to experiment with it. The natural step was to add lemon curd to a gimlet and the result was a rich, velvety textured cocktail. We also trialled some other variations including a lemon meringue pie cocktail, which all been a great success.
If too much lemon curd is added and the consistency becomes too rich, try adding a splash of soda water to rebalance the flavour.
Ease of Making: Easy
Glass Type: Coupe Glass
Taste: Tart, zesty and citrussy
- 50 ml Explorer’s Gin
- 30 ml Lemon Juice
- 15ml Lemon Sugar Syrup
- 1 teaspoon of Lemon Curd
- Add all ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Wipe the rim of the glass with a little lemon peel.
- Shake hard then strain into your glass.
- Garnish with lemon peel.
Variations to Try:
- Double Lemon Gimlet Fizz: Add a splash of soda water to the cocktail.
- Double Lemon Gimlet Royale: Add Champagne to the cocktail.