Sgroppino is an Italian cocktail originating from Venice in the 1500s. It was used as a palate cleanser between courses normally with vodka as the base.
We came across this refreshing drink at the end of dinner in Cortina, where lemon ice cream was used instead of sorbet. Having done some research into this and tried lots of combinations they are both delicious. Below is our favourite version, using gin instead of vodka:
Glass Type: Champagne Flute
Garnish: Mint leaves or dehydrated lemon.
Taste: Refreshing with a swagger of zing!
- 30ml Explorer’s Gin.
- 100ml Prosecco / Cava / Champagne.
- 1 large scoop of lemon sorbet.
- 2 mint leaves to garnish.
- Place all the ingredients in a chilled bowl and whisk until smooth (can blend).
- Serve in a chilled flute.
- Garnish with mint.
- Serve immediately.
- You can add mint into the ingredients to make a lemon & mint version.
- Grapefruit Sorbet works just as well.
- Haagen-Dazs have just launched a new lime mojito sorbet, which I will be trying.