This is a modern classic that was created by the ‘Cocktail Maestro’ Italian bartender Salvatore Calabrese at The Lanesborough in the 1990s inspired by his breakfast consisting of marmalade toast.
Ease of Making: Easy
Glass Type: Nick & Norra Glass
Garnish: Twist of Orange Peel or Sage Leaf
- 50ml Explorer’s Gin
- 15ml Lemon juice
- 15ml Triple Sec / Cointreau
- 1 tsp Orange marmalade
- Place gin and marmalade into a cocktail shaker and stir until the marmalade is dissolved.
- Add remaining ingredients into shaker and shake for 20 secs until shaker frosts on the outside.
- Zest the rim of your glass with the orange peel.
- Fine strain into a chilled Nick & Norra glass or Coupe.
- Add an orange Peel.
- It is best to use a good quality marmalade with either no peel or fine peel.
- Sage brings those herbal notes into sweetness of the cocktail.