We loved the Campari sour and wanted to create something that could use another summer favourite, Aperol. In our research we did not have to go far as the Petruchio Cocktail was created in 2010 by Jamie Boudreau at his Vessel bar in Seattle.
If you love a Negroni, then this simple cocktail is for you. It is bright, slightly bitter with a silky texture, making it elegant and well balanced. We tend to add a little more citrus, to provide an extra zing.
Ease of Making: Easy
Glass Type: Coupe Glass
Taste: Bitter, Sour
- 40ml Explorer’s Gin
- 30ml Aperol
- 15ml fresh lemon juice / squeeze half lemon.
- 7ml simple sugar syrup
- 1 egg white
- 2 dash orange bitters (optional)
Chill a coupe glass in the freezer or by swirling ice within the glass.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the Explorer's gin, Aperol, lemon juice, sugar syrup, bitters and egg white
- Dry shake mixing the ingredients
- Fill the shaker three-quarters full of ice
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds
- Strain into the chilled glass
- Garnish with orange peel (optional)