Olivier Ward of Gin Foundry showcased Explorer's Gin on Channel 4 Sunday Brunch with a modern twist to a classic Mexican cocktail, the Paloma.
The Paloma is known for being a refreshing and thirst quenching cocktail in Mexico, an is usually made with tequila. In Spanish the word means ‘Dove’.
A light and fruity drink with a great fizz and one of the smoothest drinks you can mix, it is incredibly moorish and will make you go back for more. The fresh citrus really contrasts the western red cedar notes of Explorer’s Gin.
Ease of Making: Easy
Glass Type: High Ball Glass
Taste: Bright, fresh with fizz
- 30ml Explorer’s Gin
- 15ml freshly squeezed pink grapefruit
- 5ml freshly squeezed lime
- 5ml sugar syrup
- A twist of lemon
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker
- Add the gin, grapefruit, lime and syrup
- Shake hard until well mixed, then strain into a glass
- Top up with soda and garnish with a twist of lemon peel
We hope you enjoy it as much as the Sunday Brunch team did!