Our Autumnal cocktail is a cider styled gin sour.
The original cocktail was created by Chris Chamberlain a lead mixologist at Elixir Craft Cocktails. He used freshly pressed cider which we have switched for a dry cider. The citrus notes of Explorer’s pair well with the cider.
The use of maple syrup provides an autumnal tone to the drink without being sweet. The use of Cinnamon also provides a light warmth and depth to the flavour, too much will make it both cloudy and overpowering.
Note the colour will change with types of honey and cider used.
Ease of Making: Easy, amend quantities as needed.
Glass Type: Coupe or Nika Nora
Taste: Clean, crisp with autumnal tones
- 50ml Explorer’s Gin
- 50ml Cider
- 10ml Lemon juice, fresh
- 10ml Maple syrup
- 1 Dash aromatic bitters
- 1 Pinch cinnamon (optional)
- Garnish with Apple or lemon peel
- Place Explorer’s, apple cider, lemon juice, honey syrup, aromatic bitters and cinnamon into your cocktail shaker.
- Add hand full of ice and shake until the shaker frosts on the outside.
- Double strain using a handheld strainer into a coupe glass.
- Garnish with either your lemon peel or apple slice
- Replace maple syrup with a honey syrup, this uses the same quantities as our simple sugar syrup.
- Replace the classic cider with a flavoured cider.
- Replace cider with Perry (Pear Cider).