Designed last month, this is a brand-new cocktail created by the talented Ben Morley a part time mixologist, who came to the distillery to both visit and create a series of new drinks.
This is a sour styled cocktail and if you enjoy the ‘Bramble’ then you will love the Virginia Creeper. Aptly named after the huge creeper growing behind the distillery which was a vivid red and gold at the time of creation. The cocktail takes on shade of pink / red / purple depending on the quantity of blackberries that are used.
Ease of Making: Easy, amend quantities as needed.
Glass Type: Coupe or Nika Nora.
Taste: Vibrant, with blackberry notes enhanced by the citrus.
- 30ml Downton Distillery Explorers Gin
- 20ml Cointreau
- 15ml Blackberry Syrup
- 20ml Fresh Lime Juice
- Orange Blossom (Pinch)
- 1x Cubeb Pepper (Cracked)
Making Blackberry Syrup: Use our simple sugar syrup recipe, using blackberries as the key ingredient.
- Add all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker.
- Add hand full of ice and shake until the shaker frosts on the outside.
- Double strain using a handheld strainer into a coupe glass.
- Garnish with extra blackberries or a crack of black pepper (adds some warmth).
- Adding ice is optional.
- Add crushed ice into an old-fashioned glass, similar to the Bramble.
- Garnish with dehydrated orange.
- Add an egg white, alongside the ingredients to create a sour.