Sour style cocktails are a balance of citrus, spirits and a sugar syrup making it the perfect summer drink. They are versatile and you can change the balance to your own palate.
This cocktail brings a new layer of complexity into the equation using the humble chili. Chili brings both warmth and spice into the profile. To increase the heat just shake the cocktail shaker for a longer period.
Ease of Making: Easy
Glass Type: Rocks Glass or Coupe
Taste: Light and refreshing with a layer of warmth
- 50ml Explorer’s Gin
- 25ml Lemon juice
- 15ml Lemon Sugar syrup
- 3-4 mint leaves
- 1 x sliced chili of your choice
- Place ice into a cocktail shaker
- Add all the ingredients into the shaker.
- Shake your cocktail shaker until it starts to bead.
- Zest the rims of the rock glasses with lemon peel.
- Rotate the rim of the glass into a mixture of white sugar, chilli flakes and paprika, then add ice.
- Strain into your rock glasses.
- Garnish with mint leaves, or chili.
- Add 1 x egg white this will provide a lovely foamy head.
- Swap lemon for fresh lime.