Raspberry Gimlet Recipe
This is another twist on the gimlet and uses four ingredients.
It is a light cocktail perfect to celebrate valentines’ day or enjoy in the summer with friends.
Adding fresh raspberries brings a hint of fruity sweetness, which offsets the tartness from the lime. Raspberries are available throughout the year, but if you have a local farm shop that grow their own, the flavours will be richer.
If local to Salisbury or Shaftesbury we recommend going to the Antsy farm shop and picking your own alongside all the other fresh fruit.
Ease of Making: Easy
Glass Type: Coupe Glass
Taste: Sweet with a hint of tartness.
- 50 ml Explorer’s gin
- 15ml Simple sugar syrup
- 10 Raspberries (we used handful)
- ½ Freshly squeezed lime
- Add all ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Wipe the rim of the glass with a little lime peel.
- Shake hard then strain into your glass.
- Garnish with a raspberry.
Variations to Try:
- Use our Chardonnay Vodka instead of Explorer’s Gin
- Raspberry gimlet royale: Add Champagne to the cocktail.
- Raspberry meringue: Add an egg white into the cocktail shaker and shake hard.