This is a cocktail that was made in 2007 to celebrate the Oscar won by the 'The Queen.' It uses both gin and tea, two items that we drink in large amounts according to national statistics. The wonderful Orient spices and herbs found within many types of tea are already being used by several distilleries within their botanical line up, as they create more complex and flavoursome spirits.
It is also the perfect way to combine tea and happy hour!Ease of Making: Easy
Glass Type: Tea Cup / Coupe Glass
Taste: Refreshing, sweet and sour
- 40 ml Explorer’s Gin
- 40 ml Lady Grey Tea (Orange notes) or Earl Grey Tea (Bergamot notes)
- 10ml Lemon sugar syrup or team spoon of sugar
Make in Advance:
- Simple lemon sugar syrup – equal measure caster sugar & water, with half lemon squeezed into the liquid. Warm until sugar is dissolved. Take off heat and allow to cool. You can add lemon rind to provide extra zestiness.
- Make a cup of tea using either Lady or Earl Grey tea. Stir and remove tea tea bag once you have your desired strength. Allow to cool.
- Add gin, tea, simple sugar syrup and ice to cocktail shaker.
- Shake hard.
- Strain cocktail into your glass or tea cup.
- Garnish with either lemon or orange.