Summer is the perfect time to enjoy fresh English fruits and what better way to do that than supporting your local fruit farm by picking berries yourself (or get them at the farm shop if feeling lazy). Strawberries and Raspberries are now in season and we have a fresh, vibrant and delicious drink to share with friends and family at the next summer BBQ. Whilst this cocktail is made with either Vodka or Gin, it is easy to create a no-low variation of this.
The recipe creates 4 servings.
Ease of Making: Easy, amend quantities as needed.
Glass Type: Coupe
Taste: Light, sweet & refreshing with a summer profile.
- 700ml of Rosé / sparkling Rosé
- 150ml of Explorer’s gin or Chardonnay vodka
- 250g of frozen English strawberries
- 100g of frozen English Raspberries
- 30ml of sugar syrup (we like making our own)
- Pour the Rosé into a metal container, place into the freezer for 4-5 hrs, until almost set.
- Freeze both the raspberries and strawberries.
- Place all the ingredients into a blender, blend until smooth.
- Sugar rim your glassware.
- Split between your glasses.
- Garnish with strawberry and a sprig of rosemary.
- Add a handful of mint for even more freshness
- Replace lemon sugar syrup with a raspberry version.
- For the no-low, remove the gin and use ice cubes instead of the Rosé. Elderflower cordial makes a nice addition to this.