This is a non-alcoholic drink that makes a wonderful beverage in hot temperatures. It is refreshing, citrusy, with a slight bitter profile. It originated from South Africa and is effortless and appetising. When entertaining a group, it’s by far the easiest drink to preprep as a batch.
Ease of Making: Easy
Glass Type: High Ball / Tumbler
Taste: Refreshing, citrusy, slightly bitter
- 120ml sparkling water
- 120ml lemonade
- ½ teaspoon of Angostura bitters (shaken over the top)
- Garnish with lemon peel
- Fill a large glass or highball glass with ice.
- Pour the soda water and lemonade into the glass.
- Add the Angostura bitters and mix well.
- Garnish with a slice of fresh lemon.
- Serve ice cold.
- Replace lemonade with ginger ale
- Replace Angostura bitters with another bitters
- Add a shot of vodka and garnish with mint leaves
- Make a pitcher and add red frozen fruit to the cocktail
- Make a pitcher and add mint and cucumber to the cocktail